Shear Joy!!!!

So, I have been trying to get the time to write on my blog, but I just haven’t been able to find it.  Has anyone seen any extra time laying around ??????

I am aware of the need to MAKE time for the things that I find important, but it has been extremely difficult this year.  I like the term life/work balance…it sounds important, but I have had difficulty finding life/work balance this year too!!!! 

As I drove around this holiday season in preparation for Christmas, I pondered the effort and energy that so many put into their decorations, lights and trees.  How many cumulative hours do you think are spent in the preparation of Christmas? Hundreds, thousands, millions, billions?????  How much extra energy is spent in the Christmas lights during the Christmas Season? 

While driving in seemingly endless circles this Christmas Season preparing for my rather large family, I pondered what I might blog about that would have any significant value.  I was both overwhelmed with so many ideas and also felt deplete of any insight or wisdom. 

Until this morning…….

Yes, it was my husband again, who brought my attention to a humble halt with a YouTube video.  As I sat at my kitchen counter with all of my to-do lists entrenched in the stress of preparation of the holiday, he walked in the room and said, “hey you gotta see this”.  I didn’t really have time, but I STOPPED for a second and then……..in four minutes of a YouTube video; I was transformed by something magical that caused my gasping breath to seize my anxiety.  There is no greater wisdom than being open to the pure joy of the season. 

Merry Christmas and Enjoy!!  SHEAR JOY.........

Comments

Popular Posts